Match Preview: Cardiff 0-2 Middlesbrough Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Cardiff – Middlesbrough Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 23, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 14
Kick-off: 12:30 Cardiff – Middlesbrough
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Cardiff – Middlesbrough Match Preview
- The situation looks bleak for Cardiff City after recording seven straight defeats under manager Mick McCarthy, who has been given this game against Middlesbrough to save his job. The ‘Bluebirds’ put in a spirited performance in defeat to Fulham last time out (2-0) but McCarthy will be more than aware of the fact that a previous Middlesbrough victory already saw Nottingham Forest boss Chris Hughton sacked earlier in the season.
- As a result of their dire run, a first season in the third tier since 2002/03 looks likely unless the hosts’ fortunes change quickly. Compounding matters further is the fact that they haven’t scored a goal in any of their last four league outings, highlighting the need to be more clinical after recording ten shots on target during that run.
- Contrary to their hosts, former Cardiff boss Neil Warnock looks safe in his job despite a slow start this season as his Middlesbrough side’s promotion hopes look back on track following consecutive wins. However, each of Boro’s last three wins have come on home soil, while they’ve won just once away from home all season, highlighting the need to improve on their travels if they want to achieve a top-six finish this time around.
- While Warnock enjoyed great times as Cardiff manager, namely when winning promotion to the Premier League, he’s not fared so well when in charge of other teams against them (W5, D8, L8). Damningly, Warnock-led sides have just one win and no clean sheets across the last 12 matches with Cardiff (D5, L6) which is why they’ll be wary of this out-of-sorts Welsh outfit here.
- Players to watch: Aden Flint assisted the opener in Cardiff’s sole league win this season and has previously assisted twice in his career against his former side Boro. Meanwhile, Matt Crooks has picked up three yellows and a straight red across his last seven Middlesbrough appearances.
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough are the worst-disciplined side in the Championship, with 34 yellow and two red cards.