Match Preview: Venezia 3-2 AS Roma Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Venezia – AS Roma Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 7, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 12
Kick-off: 12:30 Venezia – AS Roma
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 3:2 LOST
Venezia – AS Roma Match Preview
- Despite losing just two of their last six Serie A (SA) matches, and ending last weekend away from the relegation zone, Venezia won‘t be completely satisfied with their top-tier return so far (W2, D3, L6). They’ve failed to score 2+ goals in each of their last eight matches, and will need to try and capitalise on any fatigue displayed by favourites Roma after their midweek exploits.
- It ultimately might be down to defence to prevent the ‘Lagoonal Ones‘ from sinking, as their tally of only four goals scored in four home matches is reminiscent of their last SA relegation season (2001/02), when they finished rock-bottom after averaging only 0.9 goals per game.
- After a fabulous start to José Mourinho’s Roma tenure, the ‘Special One’ has now overseen a run of not so special results, including a disappointing 2-2 draw in Europa Conference League midweek action against Bodø/Glimt. Indeed, they’ve lost four of their opening 11 top-flight games for the first time since 2012/13, when they eventually ended up sixth.
- If nothing else, Roma never shy away from attacking – they were the most active team in SA after the last matchday, attempting a league-high 187 shots. A rousing comeback at Cagliari in Roma’s last away outing (W 2-1) highlighted that attacking philosophy, although they last won twice in a row on the road in SA action back in August 2020.
- Players to watch: Thomas Henry has scored three of his four league goals before the break this term, but only one of those came in Venezia colours. Usually dangerous for the opposition, Stephan El Shaarawy was the only Roma player to score in their last SA outing (L 1-2), with each of his two league goals this season arriving beyond the 90th minute.
- Hot stat: Roma have lost four of their last six matches as a designated away side, conceding 3+ goals on three occasions.