Moldova – Scotland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 12, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 18:00 Moldova – Scotland
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Moldova – Scotland Match Preview
- Moldova look destined to finish bottom of World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) Group F after picking up just a single point (D1, L7), but they could still be a banana skin for Scotland and their Qatar 2022 hopes after only narrowly losing 1-0 to the Scots in the reverse fixture, and famously drawing 1-1 in the only previous H2H held in Chişinău back during 2006 World Cup qualifying.
- H2H history aside, this game is expected to go the way of the visitors, particularly as Moldova have failed to score before the 80th minute in any of their last five WCQ games, and have lost their last three WCQ fixtures in Chişinău by an aggregate 1-10 scoreline!
- Four wins in a row has propelled Scotland into second place, and another here would secure a playoff berth before a tough final game vs group winners Denmark. A victory would also give Scotland their sixth win of this WCQ campaign – the last time Scotland managed more than five in a WCQ campaign was during the 1998 qualifiers, which was also the last World Cup the Scots featured at.
- After guiding his side to Euro 2020, and now on the cusp of Qatar 2022, boss Steve Clarke has built a sense of anticipation around this squad that hasn’t been seen since 1998, and their 17 WCQ points so far has them in good stead to enter the playoffs as a seeded nation, and therefore secure a potentially easier route to Qatar. However, with Scotland’s two WCQ away wins this campaign coming via a slim 1-0 scoreline, this game may be anything but easy.
- Key battle: Despite playing for a nation ranked 181st in the world, Moldovan keeper Cristian Avram held Scotland to just one goal in the reverse fixture. He faces John McGinn who has 11 Scotland goals, eight of which came in qualifying games vs teams ranked outside of FIFA’s top 100!
- Hot stat: Moldova have been trailing at half-time in four of their previous five games.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: