Besiktas – Ajax Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 24, 2021
Besiktas – Ajax Preview
- Ahead of this penultimate matchday in UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group C, Beşiktaş will be well versed in the permutations as they still seek their first points of this European campaign. Anything other than victory would confirm that the Turkish champions finish in fourth place, while they are relying on Sporting to beat Dortmund elsewhere in order to remain with a chance of a third-placed finish on the final day.
- While all of that happening seems highly unlikely, Beşiktaş will at least hope to get on the scoresheet as they did in both previous UCL home defeats. Adding further doubt to any shock here though is both Beşiktaş’ woeful return of three wins across their previous 12 competitive fixtures (L9) and their run of just one win from their last eight European home games (D1, L6).
- A convincing 5-0 victory in Eredivisie action over the weekend saw Ajax continue their impressive form this season across competitions. Subsequently top of their domestic league, Ajax are also one of just four sides to win their opening four UCL group games along with Bayern Munich, Liverpool and Juventus this campaign. Having therefore already all-but won Group C, they may rest some players for the long trip to Turkey.
- But Ajax do have a 100% record against the hosts to defend, with their return of five wins from five matches against Beşiktaş their best perfect record against any side in European action. Even with a depleted side, both the pre-match odds and their historical record against Turkish opponents (W9, D1, L1) point towards that H2H streak being further extended to six straight victories here.
- Players to watch: Miralem Pjanić scored the opener in four of his last six scoring games and assisted both of Beşiktaş’ goals in this UCL group. For Ajax, Sébastien Haller contributed to a UCL-high nine goals ahead of this round (G7, A2). Those seven goals came from 15 total attempts, making for an impressive 47% conversion rate.
- Hot stat: Besiktas lost at both half-time and full-time in each of their last seven UCL matches.