Manchester City – Leicester Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 26, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 19
Kick-off: 16:00 Manchester City – Leicester
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 6:3 WON!!!
Manchester City – Leicester Match Preview
- Manchester City have been near-invincible since the end of the October international break, winning their UEFA Champions League group and racking up ten wins in 11 Premier League (PL) games. Yet despite seeing seven of those victories produce a margin of multiple goals, the reigning champions’ lead at the top remains just three points.
- A current run of four straight PL home wins further underlines Man City’s status as favourites, and boosts their chances of racking up a Boxing Day victory for a second successive year. Notably, City have also scored exactly twice, and won, in each of their previous three home league matches immediately following Christmas Day.
- Memories of a 5-2 win here last term may fuel Leicester City’s confidence of springing a surprise, and those who didn’t play at Anfield in Wednesday’s EFL Cup clash will also boast fresher legs, after seeing last weekend’s trip to Everton postponed. This may help Leicester as they seek a first PL away win this season over any team not burdened by ‘newly-promoted’ status.
- Leicester’s Boxing Day record since their promotion to the PL in 2014 reads poorly (W1, D1, L5), though there are mitigating circumstances, with all of Leicester’s previous three Boxing Day fixtures being played against an eventual top-two side. Interestingly though, their sole win on this date following promotion came against Man City in 2018 – albeit on home turf.
- Players to watch: Kevin De Bruyne hit a goal either side of half-time in Man City’s last home match (W 7-0 v Leeds) – three of his last four goals have now come beyond the hour mark. Meanwhile, James Maddison netted Leicester’s closing goal in their latest PL win, while also scoring the final equaliser in their most recent away league draw.
- Hot stat: Eight of Leicester’s last ten PL away games won or lost have ended 2-1.