Betis – Alaves Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 18, 2022
Football: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 21
Kick-off: 20:00 Betis – Alaves
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Betis – Alaves Match Preview
- Passions ran high during Real Betis’ weekend 2-1 Copa del Rey win over Sevilla – too high, as the game was suspended and completed one day later after an opposition player was struck by a projectile thrown from the crowd. The hosts therefore have less time to prepare to play Alavés than expected as they look to consolidate third place in the La Liga (LL) standings.
- That cup win over their city rivals could still give Betis a confidence boost as they’re winless in three LL matches (D1, L2), and if they’re to challenge for a first top-four finish since 2004/05 then points at home against struggling sides are a necessity. They might need to fight for them though as they’ve conceded first in three of their last four home league matches (W2, L2).
- Although usually a close-fought contest – none of the last seven H2Hs saw a winner by 2+ goals – Alavés have lost the last three meetings, which won’t inspire much confidence for the relegation-threatened outfit. Although winless in seven competitive matches (D3, L4), draws against top-half sides in their last two fixtures is nevertheless encouraging.
- Much less promising is their road form as they’re without a league away win since October (D2, L3), conceding an average of 2.75 goals per game across their last four such matches. With six of their last seven LL road games seeing the half-time result replicated at full-time, going behind early could be ominous for one of the league’s worst travelling teams (W1, D2, L6).
- Players to watch: Sergio Canales has netted in both of Betis’ last two outings but is yet to score before first-half injury time this term. For Alavés, Joselu has scored four goals across their last six LL away matches, three of them after the 40-minute mark.
- Hot stat: Alavés have lost a joint league-high ten LL matches entered as outsiders this term.