Match Preview: Everton 0-1 Aston Villa Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Everton – Aston Villa Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 22, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 23
Kick-off: 13:30 Everton – Aston Villa
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Everton – Aston Villa Match Preview
- Relegation-threatened Everton kick off this lunchtime Premier League (PL) fixture still reeling from the fifth sacking of a first-team manager in six years. Club legend Duncan Ferguson takes caretaker charge of the squad, and will be hoping for a repeat of his first ‘debut’ on the touchline, which saw Everton beat a higher-ranked team (Chelsea) 3-1 in December 2019.
- After losing nine of their previous 12 PL matches, Everton have failed to breach the 20-point mark by the halfway point for the first time since 2005/06. While they went on to finish in a safe 11th place that term, much of that was down to grinding out wins after scoring first, but drawing first blood is something Everton have done just four times in the league so far (W2, D1, L1).
- A much hated figure in Evertonian circles, Liverpool FC legend Steven Gerrard commands a potentially confident Aston Villa side. They fought back from 2-0 down to draw against Manchester United last time out, and have taken four points from the six available at Goodison Park since the club’s PL return in 2019.
- However, the ‘Villans’ have won just one of their last five PL matches overall (D1, L3), twice losing after netting the opener. Many will expect a result either way, after the club’s run of 14 PL away games without a draw (W5, L9), and including last season’s corresponding fixture, three of the five wins in that run produced a 2-1 scoreline.
- Players to watch: With a career win rate of 64% from goalscoring PL matches, Richarlison remains a ray of hope for Evertonians, having netted a spectacular consolation in last weekend’s defeat at Norwich. One of Gerrard’s former teammates from just 400m away from Goodison Park, Philippe Coutinho, will be fired up after netting Villa’s equaliser vs Man Utd last weekend.
- Hot stat: Four of Villa’s last five PL away wins have seen them score between the 80th minute and full-time.