Match Preview: Cardiff 2-0 Coventry Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP
Cardiff – Coventry Prediction and Tips for today, February 15, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 24
Kick-off: 20:45 Cardiff – Coventry
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Cardiff – Coventry Match Preview
- Cardiff’s three-game winning run in the Championship which had steered them away from the relegation zone came to a sudden halt with a 2-1 loss at Millwall at the weekend. Manager Steve Morison expressed his anger for what he claimed to be a “stonewall penalty” in that match, but despite the appeals, Cardiff and their Welsh compatriots Swansea remain the only teams yet to be awarded a penalty this Championship campaign.
- The home crowd will be hoping the ‘Bluebirds’ can return to winning ways in Wales, as they’ve already had to witness their team lose nine of their 14 home league matches (W4, D1) so far, the most home defeats in the competition. Coventry may be welcomed with open arms then as Cardiff are undefeated in their last five home H2H encounters (W4, D1) after scoring first and leading at half-time on every occasion.
- Scoring first holds no guarantee against this Coventry squad though, just ask their last opponents Reading, whose early lead was overturned in a 3-2 defeat to Coventry. That result was the Sky Blues’ fifth win after conceding first, which is a league-high, as is their subsequent points total of 19 when recovering from conceding the opener (W5, D4, L8).
- A good run of results could give 12th-place Coventry an outside shot at the playoff spots, especially as they have games in hand over the top-six sides. One loss in their last seven away Championship matches (W3, D3) is the sort of form needed to achieve those lofty ambitions, and having scored five of their last ten away league goals past the 80th minute, Coventry have shown they can secure points from seemingly hopeless situations.
- Players to watch: Cardiff’s #9 Jordan Hugill will be keen to make an impact, with all of his last seven domestic goals coming at home. Meanwhile, Viktor Gyökeres has been Coventry’s go-to man, scoring their opening goal in nine of his ten goalscoring outings this term.
- Hot stat: Cardiff have found themselves trailing at half-time on 16 occasions this season, four more than any other team.