Match Preview: West Ham 1-1 Newcastle Prediction and Betting Tips | ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE
West Ham – Newcastle Prediction and Tips for today, February 19, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 26
Kick-off: 13:30 West Ham – Newcastle
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
West Ham – Newcastle Match Preview
- Aside from the obvious headline news currently swirling around West Ham United, their UEFA Champions League (UCL) push appears to be slowing up, with just one win from their last four Premier League (PL) outings (D1, L2). There’s no guarantee the visit of relegation-threatened Newcastle will kick-start that faltering UCL push either, as the ‘Hammers’ came out victorious in just one of the last five PL H2Hs (D1, L3).
- The visit of a lowly-placed side should at least provide some confidence for the ‘Hammers’, who have beaten two of the PL’s bottom four ‘to-nil’ on home soil this season. Yet a home clean sheet at the London Stadium has been a rare treat of late, with West Ham conceding an average of 1.57 goals per game across their last seven PL home matches (W4, D1, L2) – four of those games ending 3-2 (W2, L2)!
- “Discipline, energy, teamwork and togetherness” was manager Eddie Howe’s reasoning for Newcastle’s current five-game unbeaten PL run (W3, D2) after their impressive 1-0 victory over Aston Villa last time out. Whilst their resolute nature under Howe has seen three of their four PL wins come via a 1-0 scoreline, there’s no doubting that the sprinkling of stardust provided by his £93million January warchest hasn’t gone amiss.
- Newcastle won’t be sitting comfortably on their four-point cushion to the relegation zone, though a trip to East London does at least provide the opportunity for the traveling Geordie contingent to witness a second successive PL away victory for the first time since May. A positive result could well be on the cards too given Howe’s recent personal record against West Ham (W3, D3, L1).
- Players to watch: Michail Antonio netted in West Ham’s opening day 4-2 victory over Newcastle whilst seven of his eight PL goals have come after half-time. Meanwhile, Jonjo Shelvey is Newcastle’s only scorer in their last 384 minutes of away PL football.
- Hot stat: Newcastle have scored exactly one goal in seven of their ten PL away games this season.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA