Match Preview: Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 Sevilla Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Dinamo Zagreb – Sevilla Prediction and Tips for today, February 24, 2022
Football: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/16-FINALS
Kick-off: 18:45 Dinamo Zagreb – Sevilla
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Dinamo Zagreb – Sevilla Match Preview
- Dinamo Zagreb need a minor miracle to reach the UEFA Europa League (UEL) Round of 16 for a third time in four seasons, after a 3-1 loss in the first leg of this knockout playoff. With no away goals rule in place, only a drastic resurgence after a goalless weekend derby draw with NK Lokomotiva can prevent Zagreb’s second successive UEL elimination by Spanish opposition.
- The current Croatian First League leaders need look only to last year’s UEL for inspiration. They overcame the same deficit against much-fancied Tottenham (3-0 AET), but that was their most recent UEL clean sheet at the Stadion Maksimir. Dinamo’s UEL home record since (W1, D1, L2) has them conceding the opener three times.
- La Liga title chasers Sevilla followed up their first-leg win with a weekend stalemate at Espanyol, leaving them six points from leaders Real Madrid. They should channel any lingering frustrations well though, given that May 2014 remains the last time they lost by a two-goal margin beyond the group stage in this competition.
- With four UEL titles across their previous five entries, Sevilla remain one of the hot outright picks for the trophy this year. Much of that is down to their solid away form in two-legged UEL proper knockout ties since the start of March 2016 (W2, D4 – 90 mins), but with the last three of those draws seeing at least one penalty scored either way, sudden twists cannot be completely ruled out.
- Players to watch: The first leg saw Mislav Oršić give Dinamo brief parity, potentially putting him in the mood to emulate his hat-trick in last year’s miracle comeback over Tottenham. The Zagreb native’s strike came in response to Sevilla’s Ivan Rakitić opening the scoring from the spot – a strike that sustained his 100% conversion rate in continental action this term (W1, D2).
- Hot stat: Four of Sevilla’s previous five matches against Croatian opposition have seen them lead 1-0 at half-time.