Match Preview: Atalanta 4-0 Sampdoria Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Atalanta – Sampdoria Prediction and Tips for today, February 28, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 20:50 Atalanta – Sampdoria
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Atalanta – Sampdoria Match Preview
- Atalanta are the only Italian side remaining in the UEFA Europa League following their midweek 3-0 win over Olympiacos and they’re currently battling in Serie A (SA) to return to Europe next term. There’s still work to do as they’re without a league win in five matches (D3, L2) – all of which were goalless at half-time – and therefore risk dropping out of contention unless they can improve on that form.
- Gian Gasperini’s side haven’t won a home league match since November (D2, L2) although as those draws came against title contenders Inter Milan and Juventus, they shouldn’t be too discouraged. The goals have dried up though, as in none of those matches did they score more than once, so they might need to repeat the clean sheet they produced against Inter to secure a positive result here.
- Talking of clean sheets, Sampdoria have won two of their last three matches (L1) ‘to nil’ and a 1-0 defeat to AC Milan in between was a creditable effort as they push to get away from the relegation zone. They might struggle here though as they haven’t recorded a shutout in this H2H since November 2019 (W1, L3).
- Although competitive on the road in recent weeks, Sampdoria haven’t converted that into league results (D1, L3) which will be frustrating with sides below them in the table having played fewer games. They conceded exactly once in each of their last five SA away games (W1, D1, L3) so they’ll hope that if another odd goal determines this one, it’ll be them on the scoresheet.
- Players to watch: Ukrainian Ruslan Malinovskyi has shown remarkable mental fortitude given what is happening in his homeland to score three times between the 65th and 80th minute across Atalanta’s last four matches, while Sampdoria’s Andrea Conti has scored two goals in exactly the 63rd minute across his last four appearances.
- Hot stat: The away side on the day hasn’t scored a first-half goal in eight of Sampdoria’s last nine SA games.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA