Lazio – Venezia Prediction and Tips for today, Match 14, 2022
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 29
Kick-off: 20:45 Lazio – Venezia
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Lazio – Venezia Match Preview
- A widely praised performance saw European hopefuls Lazio beat Cagliari 3-0 last time out, keeping their dreams of a third consecutive Serie A (SA) top-six finish alive. Ciro Immobile’s 143rd league goal for the ’Biancocelesti’ – in just his 200th league appearance for them – opened the scoring in that victory, and also saw him equal Silvio Piola’s club record as Lazio’s all-time scorer in SA.
- Manager Maurizio Sarri said he wasn’t surprised by that win, claiming that his side have been playing well since last December, yet Lazio clearly need to improve on their home performances as they’re won just one of their last four competitive home games (D2, L1). That’s despite keeping a clean sheet in two of those, and being one of SA’s highest home scorers after netting an impressive 2.46 goals on average per game here.
- Relegation-threatened Venezia are desperately looking for a turning point after their last league outing saw them concede three goals inside the first half hour on their way to losing 4-1 against Sassuolo. Worryingly, not only was that defeat at home, but Paolo Zanetti’s men also conceded from the spot three times during that match, which means Venezia had conceded a league-high tally of eight penalty goals by full-time!
- Just one win across their last 14 SA matches (D4, L9), and six defeats from the same number of away league matches they’ve played against current top-ten sides, will dampen hopes of a shock Venezia result here. With five of those six losses arriving via a 2+ goal margin, Venezia appear to be heading towards a third one-year appearance in the top-flight from their last four SA stints.
- Players to watch: Luis Alberto netted Lazio’s second goal at Cagliari and he also scored in the reverse fixture – both times he gave his side a two-goal lead. Venezia will look to Thomas Henry for an attacking outlet after he scored three first-half goals across their last six matches. Five of his six SA goals have now arrived inside the opening 35 minutes.
- Hot stat: Lazio have won each of their four SA matches against current bottom-three sides, netting three goals every time.