Sassuolo – Spezia Prediction and Tips for today, Match 18, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 30
Kick-off: 18:45 Sassuolo – Spezia
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:1 WON!!!
Sassuolo – Spezia Match Preview
- Sassuolo are currently sitting in mid-table, both unlikely to go down or fight for Europe, yet perhaps benefiting from a lack of pressure, they’ve been in impressive form across their previous five gameweeks (W3, D2). They’ve scored 2+ goals in all five of those matches, shedding some light on why there’s only four Serie A (SA) sides who have netted more than ‘I Neroverdi’ so far this season (51).
- Home fans haven’t really seen the best of Sassuolo’s good form though, as their recent 2-1 home victory over Fiorentina snapped a four-game SA winless run at the Mapei Stadium (D2, L2). Slow starts have been an issue that’s plagued them in their home encounters this year, with only 26% (five) of their league goals scored here arriving before half-time!
- Spezia looked to be in free-fall after a run of five winless SA fixtures (D1, L4) saw them slide towards the bottom three, but they halted the rot last time out against Cagliari (2-0). From the 24 non-drawn SA games they’ve played this season, that was just the seventh that was settled by more than a single goal, though we can likely expect this one to be another tight contest given that three of the last four competitive H2Hs here were also settled by one goal (W1, L3).
- The one victory that Spezia managed in that run was a 2-1 result in their last visit here, and victory in this matchup would confirm consecutive wins at this venue for the very first time. They’ve conceded at least one goal before half-time in each of their last four SA road trips though (W1, D1, L2) which remains concerning.
- Players to watch: Sassuolo’s Giacomo Raspadori, who bagged a brace in the reverse H2H (2-2), has five SA goals in 2022, though none came at home. Spezia’s Rey Manaj also scored in the reverse, and his three SA goals in 2022 have arrived in either the opening or closing 20 minutes.
- Hot stat: There’s been three red cards shown across Sassuolo’s last five SA matches.