Match Preview: Kazakhstan 1-1 Moldova Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Kazakhstan – Moldova Prediction and Tips for today, Match 29, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – PLAY OUT – FINAL
Kick-off: 15:00 Kazakhstan – Moldova
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Kazakhstan – Moldova Preview
- This UEFA Nations League (UNL) League C play-out’s opening leg saw Kazakhstan coach Andrei Karpovich enjoy a touchline debut to remember, as a strong XI came from behind to beat Moldova 2-1 in Chişinău. It was the Kazakhs’ first competitive win since September 2020, optimally setting them up to make it five H2Hs unbeaten here.
- There’s good memories for the home side at this venue, as the Astana Arena hosted Kazakhstan’s only UNL home win in the tournament’s short history (4-0 vs Andorra, Oct 2018). However, the hosts must stay alert throughout the game, as the last goal has gone to their opposition on the day in four of their six all-time UNL home matches (W1, D2, L3).
- The current dangers of flying over neighbouring Ukraine means that a usual 2,240-mile trip for Moldova has been made all the more complicated. The spectre of relegation to League D looms large, as they travel on a record streak of ten consecutive defeats, and to add to that psychological baggage, Moldova have also scored just once across their six prior UNL away matches (W1, D1, L4).
- There aren’t many European nations who rank below Moldova these days, and with the visitors (#181) currently 61 places below Kazakhstan in FIFA’s current rankings, trying to keep things tight at the back early on may be key. The Moldovans have shown that ability on their UNL travels though, conceding a total of just four goals across their last five away games in this competition.
- Players to watch: Aleksey Shchetkin has scored Kazakhstan’s final goal of the match with his three previous strikes in national colours. Meanwhile, Ion Nicolăescu has scored three of Moldova’s last five goals, and the Maccabi Petah Tikva forward’s next strike will propel him into his nation’s top-ten list of all-time goal scorers.
- Hot stat: Kazakhstan have failed to score before half-time in 12 of their last 14 competitive matches.
Match Preview: Mexico - Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Liverpool 0-1 Real Madrid Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Albirex Niigata 8-2 Geylang Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Tirol 1-2 Rapid Vienna Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA