Match Preview: Stuttgart 0-2 Dortmund Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Stuttgart – Dortmund Prediction and Tips for today, April 8, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 29
Kick-off: 19:30 Stuttgart – Dortmund
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
Stuttgart – Dortmund Preview
- Relegation-threatened Stuttgart seemed all but lost to the drop after a run of nine Bundesliga games without a win (D2, L7) from mid-December to the end of February. But after stringing together a current run of four unbeaten matches (W2, D2), they start this matchday outside the drop zone, though more success could be hard to find against opponents Borussia Dortmund, a side they haven’t beaten in a Bundesliga home H2H since 2017.
- However, going unbeaten across their prior three home matches should see Stuttgart enter this clash in high spirits (W2, D1). They’ve shown great character in their last two home outings too, with Pellegrino Matarazzo’s side fighting back from half-time deficits to win 3-2!
- Visiting Dortmund suffered an embarrassing loss last time out in front of their largest home crowd for two and a half years, going down 4-1 to RB Leipzig, a result that leaves their hopes of claiming a sixth Bundesliga title this campaign in tatters (W18, D3, L7). Instead they look set to secure an eighth runners up-finish in the Bundesliga, that’d be more second-place finishes then all sides bar Bayern Munich (ten).
- As the league’s third-best away side overall (W7, D3, L4), Dortmund are also the only Bundesliga team without defeat across their last six away league games (W4, D2). Alarmingly though for BVB, they’ve now scored just once in each of their last five league games – three of them away from home – after previously averaging 2.74 goals per outing in the 23 games prior!
- Players to watch: January loan-signing Tiago Tomás scored the winner for Stuttgart in their last home league game and each of his three league goals since arriving have come in the second half, two of them in the last five minutes of play. Meanwhile, Donyell Malen scored the second-half opener in Dortmund’s 2-1 reverse win with what was his first ever Bundesliga goal. He also netted last weekend.
- Hot stat: Dortmund have won eight of the last ten competitive away H2Hs (D1, L1) with nine of those matches producing more than 2.5 total goals.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Augsburg - Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Real Madrid - Valencia Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Match Preview: Angers - AC Ajaccio Prediction and Betting Tips | LIGUE 1
Match Preview: Luton - Cardiff Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP