Match Preview: Genoa 1-4 Lazio Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Genoa – Lazio Prediction and Tips for today, April 10, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 11:30 Genoa – Lazio
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 WON!!!
Genoa – Lazio Preview
- Time is running out for Genoa who come into this round inside the relegation zone and three points from safety. Their position in the table highlights the magnitude of their torrid campaign, although they have at least been tougher to beat since the arrival of manager Alexander Blessin in January, losing just one of his nine Serie A (SA) games in charge.
- That might be a solid nine-game record at a glance, yet that run has been dominated by draws (W1, D7, L1) as part of 16 overall in the league this season – by far the highest in Europe’s top five leagues. But it’s fair to say that ‘I Rossoblù’ have the best chance of going one better here at home, predominantly thanks to the good foundations their strong defensive displays have laid, as no side has kept more home clean sheets in 2022 than Genoa (four – W1, D3).
- Lazio are faced with trying to pin down a place inside the top six while also keeping alive their faint hopes of securing Champions League football for next season. They’ve kept those dreams alive with three SA wins from their last four matches (L1), and should be confident coming into this one considering they’re undefeated in the last five H2H clashes too (W4, D1), averaging an impressive three goals per game across those five meetings.
- That’s a point worth highlighting as Lazio have not only scored the second-most goals in the division (60), but they’ve also netted 3+ goals in 11 of their 15 matches against teams starting the round 12th or below in the table (W10, D4, L1).
- Players to watch: Some players just love certain opponents, and that’s the case for Genoa’s Mattia Destro with Lazio. Only against two other sides has he scored more times (G6). Similarly, Lazio’s Ciro Immobile makes a habit of haunting his former team, and he’s netted eight goals across his last eight SA matches against Genoa.
- Hot stat: Lazio have led 1-0 at half-time in the last four H2H meetings at the Luigi Ferraris Stadium.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Almeria - Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Match Preview: Hoffenheim - Werder Bremen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Crvena Zvezda - Ferencvaros Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: RB Leipzig - Celtic Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE