Match Preview: Middlesbrough 0-2 Huddersfield Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP
Middlesbrough – Huddersfield Prediction and Tips for today, April 18, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43
Kick-off: 12:30 Middlesbrough – Huddersfield
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Middlesbrough – Huddersfield Preview
- A change of goalkeeper seemed to pay dividends for Middlesbrough manager Chris Wilder, as a goalless draw at Bournemouth gave them a valuable point in the play-off race on Good Friday. It may not have been the best result though, given that a host of play-off rivals also all dropped points, though Boro’s play-off fate still remains in their own hands ahead of the final five games.
- There will be a notable absence for Middlesbrough however as eight-goal midfielder Matty Crooks received his league-high 15th booking of the season last time out, resulting in a three-match ban. That simply serves to compound matters for Boro, who are now on a run of three straight home defeats, following a stunning run of nine consecutive Riverside victories prior.
- Automatic promotion will likely be a bridge too far for visiting Huddersfield Town, though a current three-game unbeaten run (W2, D1) has certainly consolidated their position within the play-off spots. That could have been an even better return however, as the Terriers twice squandered the lead to draw with QPR last time out, the ninth time they’ve failed to win when scoring first (W15, D7, L2 when scoring first).
- This fixture isn’t often that kind on Huddersfield, given that they’ve picked up just one point across their last eight league visits to Teesside (D1, L7) and curiously, the last team to concede seven goals in an Easter Monday encounter was Huddersfield against none other than Middlesbrough back in 1957 (7-2)! That’s as many goals as Huddersfield have conceded across their last six away games though (W3, D1, L2), so a repeat scoreline seems very unlikely.
- Players to watch: Middlesbrough’s Duncan Watmore has scored three goals across the last two H2Hs, including two team openers, whilst for Huddersfield, defender Harry Toffolo tripled his scoring tally across his last three appearances (G3, A7) and could be an unlikely candidate to step up in the absence of top-scorer Danny Ward.
- Hot stat: Middlesbrough have failed to win their last six league games played on Easter Monday (D2, L4).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Almeria - Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Match Preview: Hoffenheim - Werder Bremen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Crvena Zvezda - Ferencvaros Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: RB Leipzig - Celtic Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE