Barnsley – Blackpool Prediction and Tips for today, April 26, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 27
Kick-off: 19:45 Barnsley – Blackpool
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Barnsley – Blackpool Preview
- A short 12 months ago, Barnsley were securing their place in the play-offs… fast forward to April 2022 and their relegation was confirmed in a 2-1 Yorkshire derby defeat to Huddersfield last time out. A mutual decision to terminate manager Poya Asbaghi’s contract shortly followed, leaving managerless Barnsley with little to play for but avoiding a rock-bottom finish.
- Despite sitting bottom and losing to fellow strugglers Peterborough in their last match here, Barnsley’s form at Oakwell prior had been surprisingly good with a solid run of six unbeaten games that at one point had the Barnsley faithful dreaming of safety (W3, D3). Maybe if the ‘Tykes’ could hold onto a lead more often they could have been alive and kicking just yet, but Barnsley have drawn three of their last four home games in which they scored first.
- Stuck in the mid-table mire, Blackpool’s league season is essentially over, although you wouldn’t know it after they followed up a 6-1 rout over Birmingham with a solid 1-1 draw against promotion-chasing Luton. There’s added incentive to continue those good results in this trip too, as Blackpool look to win an away league H2H after failing to do so across the last decade (D1, L3).
- The ‘Tangerines’ could be made to wait a little longer for that H2H win if their uninspiring Championship away form continues, with just one victory across Blackpool’s last 13 away league games (D6, L6). However, Neil Critchley’s side will start this match as favourites and should be happy to do so – they boast a league-high win rate of 90% as pre-match betting favourites in league action (W9, L1).
- Players to watch: Despite a last-gasp strike from Callum Styles last time out, Barnsley have won just one of the previous five league games in which he contributed to a goal (D3, L1). As for Blackpool, top league scorer Gary Madine has seen four of his last six goals serve as team openers.
- Hot stat: Oakwell has seen a league-low 41 total goals this season (1.95 on average per game).