Match Preview: Fiorentina 0-4 Udinese Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Fiorentina – Udinese Prediction and Tips for today, April 27, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 20
Kick-off: 17:00 Fiorentina – Udinese
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 LOST
Fiorentina – Udinese Preview
- Two victims of Salernitana’s potential ‘great escape’ look to clean their wounds and get back on track with plenty to aim for during Serie A’s (SA) home stretch. Fiorentina’s quest to return to UEFA competition took a stunning turn at the weekend as they became just the second club to lose at Salernitana this SA campaign (L 2-1). Ahead of two decisive contests against Juventus and Roma, Fiorentina cannot afford to drop points against bottom-half Udinese here if they are to retain what manager Vincenzo Italiano describes as a “deserved” top-seven place.
- A repeat of the 1-0 victory in the reverse H2H would help Fiorentina with their European place aims, and looks more than possible considering their last six SA wins were all accompanied by a one-goal margin. Yet with a perfect home SA record against the other nine bottom-half clubs (W9) and an average winning margin of 2.44 goals across those games, Fiorentina should be confident of more.
- Udinese appear destined for a ninth consecutive bottom-half finish, though interim manager Gabriele Cioffi could do his contract extension chances no harm by improving upon the two 13th-place finishes that came under former boss Luca Gotti. Cioffi’s side returned to their strong goalscoring ways at the weekend, but defending let them down in a 2-2 draw at Bologna.
- Cioffi ought to be keen to steer Udinese through a promising future, particularly after they recently celebrated two players notching 10+ league goals in a single season (Gerard Deulofeu and Beto) for the first time since 2012/13. If they can end 15 straight H2H losses away to Fiorentina in all competitions, ironically with the last four also coming by a one-goal margin, happier times could be on the horizon.
- Players to watch: Fiorentina fans will be hoping for another early impact from winger Nicolás González, who has opened the scoring in three of his last four wins for club or country. Meanwhile Udinese’s Isaac Success is living up to his name with one goal and four assists across his last three appearances of at least 60 minutes.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last nine H2Hs produced fewer than 2.5 total goals.