Union Berlin – Greuther Furth Prediction and Tips for today, April 29, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 32
Kick-off: 19:30 Union Berlin – Greuther Furth
Tip: Under 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Union Berlin – Greuther Furth Preview
- An impressive 2-1 comeback win at RB Leipzig last weekend – where Union Berlin trailed 1-0 at the 85-minute mark – gave the capital club a fourth straight Bundesliga win and kept them firmly in the European qualification picture. Boss Urs Fischer praised the mentality of his team after that miraculous victory, in what was his 64th win as Union boss (D46, L45).
- Sixth-placed Union are also enjoying a run of four unbeaten home league games (W3, D1), and have collected 31 of their 50 points at home. Only Dortmund and Bayern have beaten them on their own turf, thanks in part to Union possessing the Bundesliga’s third-best home defence (0.93 goals conceded on average per match), which doesn’t bode well for already-relegated Greuther Fürth.
- It was a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Leverkusen last weekend that finally put the nail in the coffin for Fürth, although considering they have been rock-bottom since matchday four whilst the gap to safety has been double digits after 18 of the last 20 matchdays, their relegation has come as little surprise.
- Despite the inevitable, sporting director Rachid Azzouzi was still in tears after that Leverkusen defeat. Any hopes of a rare positive here looks highly unlikely considering Fürth’s record as the Bundesliga’s worst away side (D3, L12), and with a league-high 3.1 goals conceded per road trip, this first stage of Fürth’s goodbye Bundesliga tour against European-chasing Union could be exceptionally difficult.
- Players to watch: Sven Michel has come off the bench in nine of Union’s last ten competitive games, and did so with great effect last time out as he was directly involved in both goals vs Leipzig (G1, A1). Branimir Hrgota scored Fürth’s last away goal that was not an own goal – four of his eight league goals have come on the road.
- Hot stat: Union have scored first in 15 Bundesliga games this season, and never lost when doing so (W11, D4).