Birmingham – Blackburn Prediction and Tips for today, May 7, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 46
Kick-off: 12:30 Birmingham – Blackburn
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Birmingham – Blackburn Preview
- Birmingham City will be happy to be only 90 minutes away from concluding a rather forgettable campaign, as they once again failed to make a substantial impact on the Championship. A five-game winless run (D2, L3) heading into the final game shows their laboured attitude recently, which doesn’t bode well for fans in attendance, especially as they’ve failed to win on the final day in each of the last three seasons (D1, L2).
- That run includes a 5-2 drubbing at the hands of opponents Blackburn Rovers on the final day of last season, contributing to the ‘Blues’ only winning one of the last eight Championship H2H matches (D4, L3). Ending their campaign at home may give fans one last chance to cheer as Lee Bowyer’s men have at least won the majority of their points at St Andrew’s this season (27), albeit the home faithful have witnessed their side win only one of their last six home matches (D2, L3).
- Blackburn’s fall from potential automatic promotion contenders to failed playoff hopefuls will leave a bitter taste, but potentially achieving their highest Championship finish since 2014/15 (9th) does point to an overall improvement. Matchday 46 of Rovers’ last eight Championship campaigns has at least provided entertainment if nothing else, with both teams scoring on each occasion, while averaging a mammoth 4.75 match goals per game.
- Rovers’ away form has been their downfall this campaign, with only 25 of their 66 points being earned on the road. A nine-game winless run away from home (D3, L6) was finally snapped when beating Preston 4-1 on their last away trip though, but that was only the fourth time from their 22 away matches this term in which the fixture was decided by a multi-goal margin.
- Players to watch: Birmingham’s Lyle Taylor has enjoyed the comforts of home recently, scoring his last four domestic goals at St. Andrew’s, while Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Díaz has seen 12 of his previous 15 club goals come after half-time.
- Hot stat: Birmingham are the only Championship team yet to win after conceding the first goal (D3, L17).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Verona - Empoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Salernitana - Udinese Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Sampdoria - Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A