Match Preview: Nice 4-2 St Etienne Prediction and Betting Tips | LIGUE 1
Nice – St Etienne Prediction and Tips for today, May 11, 2022
Football: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 36
Kick-off: 18:00 Nice – St Etienne
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 4:2 WON!!!
Nice – St Etienne Preview
- With Nice failing to secure their first piece of silverware since 1996/97 after losing 1-0 in the Coupe de France final to Nantes, which would have secured them a spot in next year’s UEFA Europa League (UEL), only a top-five finish in Ligue 1 can guarantee European football next term. Sixth-placed Nice can still take aim at the UEL, given their final two games are against mid-table sides with little to play for (Lille and Reims), making a top-four finish and a UEL spot highly achievable.
- Before that, they entertain a flailing St Etienne team against whom they are massive favourites, after Nice secured four wins from their last five home league games. There is also an interesting side-story, with Nice manager Christophe Galtier going undefeated in his last six managerial H2Hs against his former employers (W4, D2), with that run including four clean sheets.
- St Etienne’s 18-season stint in the top-flight is under serious threat, as they occupy 18th place off the back of winning only one of their last eight fixtures (D3, L4). They’ve made life incredibly hard for themselves this season, as highlighted by the baffling fact they’re the only team in the league to win more points when conceding first (19) than scoring first (11)!
- With two of their last three matches being played away, St Etienne’s current run of five away games without victory (D2, L3) paints a dark picture for their survival hopes. It’s not all doom and gloom though, with ‘Les Verts’ having left the Allianz Riviera with something in their last two visits (W1, D1), maintaining hopes of an escape from the drop zone for the ten-time French champions.
- Players to watch: Nice’s Andy Delort has scored the match opener in each of his last four goalscoring outings, while St Etienne’s Denis Bouanga has seen six of his last seven league goals come before half-time.
- Hot stat: Nice have scored 70% (31) of their 44 Ligue 1 goals in the second half this season.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Almeria - Rayo Vallecano Prediction and Betting Tips | LALIGA
Match Preview: Hoffenheim - Werder Bremen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Crvena Zvezda - Ferencvaros Prediction and Betting Tips | EUROPA LEAGUE
Match Preview: RB Leipzig - Celtic Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE