Match Preview: Mexico 2-1 Nigeria Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Mexico – Nigeria Prediction and Tips for today, May 29, 2022
Football: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Kick-off: 01:08 Mexico – Nigeria
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Mexico – Nigeria Match Preview
- Fresh from qualifying for their eighth-consecutive FIFA World Cup, Mexico ramp up preparations for Qatar against Nigeria as part of a four-month ‘MexTour’ event at the AT&T Stadium in Texas. Finishing their impressive 2022 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF qualifying campaign in March, Gerardo Martino’s men are now unbeaten in eight straight matches (W4, D4), the last six of which saw them keep a clean sheet!
- Mexico’s drab stalemate to Guatemala last time out does, however, highlight perhaps shadier form in often-experimental international friendlies, having failed to win in their last three attempts (D2, L1). El Tri are likely to be confident here though as they currently sit ninth in FIFA’s world rankings table, their highest position since 2005 (5th), which is coincidentally the same year that they last lost to a team from the African continent (W11, D6)!
- Things could hardly be worse for opponents Nigeria, whose angry fans stormed the pitch after their last contest, in which a 1-1 draw to Ghana saw their side agonisingly miss out on a berth for the FIFA 2022 World Cup on the away goals rule. This came shortly after a shock 1-0 loss to Tunisia in January, which sent Nigeria crashing out of the Africa Cup of Nations in the Round of 16.
- José Peseiro has been brought in to change Nigeria’s fortunes and his first task here will be to arrest their damaging three-game winless streak, and a run of nine international friendly outings without success (D5, L4). Don’t expect too many thrills to kick off this new era for the Super Eagles though, as only three of their last ten games saw both sides score while only one of those saw over 2.5 goals! History isn’t on their side here, as they’ve never beaten Mexico (D3, L3) and failed to score in the last two H2Hs.
- Key battle: Mexico centre-back César Montes has helped his team keep five clean sheets in his last five appearances for Mexico. He’ll be facing striker Victor Osimhen who has hit three goals in his last five internationals, all of which were scored in the first half.
- Hot stat: Mexico haven’t lost a game in regulation time in which they have scored first since 2017 (W36, D4)!
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Georgia - Norway Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Austria - Estonia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Denmark Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Scotland - Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION