Match Preview: Belgium 6-1 Poland Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Belgium – Poland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 8, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 19:45 Belgium – Poland
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 6:1 WON!!!
Belgium – Poland Match Preview
- Two months after losing their world number one ranking to Brazil, Belgium’s UEFA Nations League A (UNL) campaign got off to an unimaginably poor start. Midfielder Kevin De Bruyne’s comments last week that the UNL was little more than “glorified friendlies” appear to have been reflected in his team’s performance, as Belgium crashed to not only their first loss to the Netherlands in 25 years (1-4) but also a first 2+ goal loss to any nation in more than three years.
- Romelu Lukaku’s injury-forced departure from the match, described by manager Roberto Martinez as “a knock”, leaves the remainder of Belgium’s attack on notice for their first meeting with Poland in 15 years. Despite this, they’ll feel confident that the defeat to the Netherlands, which broke a 31-match unbeaten streak as home favourites (W25, D6), was merely a one-off aberration.
- Poland, who had lost half of their ten League A group stage games in previous editions (W2, D3), secured their first comeback victory in any competition since September 2020, with a 2-1 win over Wales last time out. Some strong form, highlighted by seven wins from their last ten matches (D2, L1), will be most welcome with the World Cup coming up.
- For the second of four games in 14 days, manager Czesław Michniewicz has indicated he will be taking a stronger squad to Brussels, introducing the likes of Sebastian Szymanski and Bartłomiej Drągowski into the starting XI. Poland have matched it with the best recently too, finishing all of their last four matches as pre-match outsiders with 1-1 draws in games that included both England and Spain, so do not expect them to lie down here.
- Players to watch: Hans Vanaken is the only man other than Lukaku to have scored in two of Belgium’s last five victories, whilst Karol Świderski has netted in two of Poland’s last four outings.
- Hot stat: Belgium’s last 11 matches have produced an average of 3.64 total goals per game.
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE