Match Preview: Chile 0-2 Tunisia Prediction and Betting Tips | KIRIN CUP (JAPAN)
Chile – Tunisia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 10, 2022
Football: KIRIN CUP (JAPAN) – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 07:15 Chile – Tunisia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Chile – Tunisia Match Preview
- The Japanese city of Kobe hosts the opening game of the first Kirin Cup Soccer tournament since 2016. This is only Chile’s second appearance in the Japanese tournament and the first since 2009, when they flopped and failed to win either of their two matches (D1, L1), but with their only two games against African nations across the last five years ending in victory, Chile may expect more this time around.
- Confidence is in short supply in the Chile camp though, with a recent failure to qualify for the World Cup exacerbated by a 2-0 defeat in their opening game of this Asian tour, which was also boss Eduardo Berizzo’s first game in charge. That new manager bounce is greatly needed now as the team has gone 274-minutes without a goal while conceding nine times within the same period!
- In stark contrast to their hosts, Tunisia enter this game on the back of four consecutive clean sheets (W2, D2), albeit the most recent two came against nations ranked #99 and #148 respectively by FIFA. This is Tunisia’s first appearance in the Kirin Cup and their first clash with CONMEBOL opposition since a 1-1 friendly draw with Colombia way back in 2014, so it’ll represent a good test ahead of the upcoming World Cup.
- Games between the Carthage Eagles and South American nations are few and far between, but it would be a landmark day in Tunisian footballing history if they were to secure victory as they have never defeated a CONMEBOL nation (D3, L4). A consistent theme in these games has been goals though, with five of the seven historical clashes seeing both teams score.
- Players to watch: Chile’s finest Stoke-born export Ben Brereton Díaz has contributed to five goals (G4, A1) in 13 internationals, but seeks to end a barren run of three without a goal. For Tunisia, Naim Sliti registered six goal contributions across his last four games for club & country (G4, A2), with all four goals coming beyond HT.
- Hot stat: Chile are unbeaten in 13 of their 15 historical clashes with CAF nations (W9, D4, L2).
Match Preview: Wuhan FC - Guangzhou FC Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Meizhou Hakka 1-0 Shenzhen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Dalian Pro 2-2 Changchun Yatai Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Kunshan 3-1 Nanjing City Prediction and Betting Tips | JIA LEAGUE