Kazakhstan – Slovakia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, June 12, 2022
Football: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE C – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 15:00 Kazakhstan – Slovakia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Kazakhstan – Slovakia Match Preview
- A 1-1 draw against Belarus in their last UEFA Nations League (UNL) outing ended Kazakhstan’s 100% start to League C3, though they do sit top of the pile coming into this clash. Slovakia are hot on Kazakhstan’s heels in second place, but Kazakhstan may feel they hold a slight psychological advantage after winning the reverse fixture 1-0 earlier this month.
- That victory over Slovakia is part of a run of four wins from Kazakhstan’s previous six games, and this time around Magomed Adiyev’s side seem to have grown a particular liking to the UNL. Kazakhstan’s tally of two UNL wins so far this campaign equals their tally of group stage wins across the previous two campaigns combined, though Kazakhstan have never won back-to-back UNL home group matches.
- Slovakia were well placed to pounce upon Kazakhstan’s slip-up last time out as their 1-0 victory over Azerbaijan closed the gap to just a solitary point ahead of this trip to Astana. Four wins from their last six games (L2) ought to inspire confidence Slovakia can leapfrog Kazakhstan into top spot here, as does three successive wins on foreign soil.
- With Marek Hamšík now retired from international football and Milan Škriniar facing over a month on the sidelines after an injury in the reverse H2H, Slovakia’s two notable big-hitters won’t partake here. Slovakia will hope not to miss their defensive lynchpin Škriniar too much though as their stringent defence seeks to extend a run of four clean sheets from their last six internationals.
- Players to watch: Aslan Darabayev’s goal for Kazakhstan in the previous H2H decided the game, and his last three goals for club or country have opened the scoring. Likewise, Slovakia’s Vladimír Weiss has opened the scoring with his last four international goals.
- Hot streak: None of Slovakia’s last six internationals have seen both teams score.