Bodo/Glimt – Zalgiris Prediction and Tips for today, August 3, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – SEMI-FINALS
Kick-off: 17:00 Bodo/Glimt – Zalgiris
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:0 WON!!!
Bodo/Glimt – Zalgiris Match Preview
- Bodø/Glimt resume their free-scoring quest for a maiden UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage spot as they enter the third qualifying round for the first time in their history. The Norwegian outfit built up some European pedigree when they beat Jose Mourinho’s Roma twice during last season’s Europa Conference League (UECL), and have made a full-throttle start to this season’s European campaign with three wins from four UCL qualifiers (L1), including a club record 8-0 European victory just last week vs Linfield!
- Kjetil Knutsen’s men have now won their last five games at home in all competitions, amassing a colossal 22 goals, and have secured victory in eight of nine league matches when scoring first. This next challenge sees the Norwegian champions lock horns with Lithuanian champions Žalgiris for the fourth time across two years, with Bodø/Glimt unbeaten in the H2H record so far (W2, D1).
- Žalgiris travel to Scandinavia having conceded just a solitary goal in four UCL qualifying games this term, impressively overcoming 1979 finalists Malmö 3-0 on aggregate in the previous round. Vladimir Cheburin’s side also remain the only team in Lithuania’s A Lyga not to concede the opening goal in their 18 domestic games thus far – netting first in 15 of those – so they may prove a challenge for the well-fancied Norwegian home side here.
- The Green-Whites are already set to become the first-ever Lithuanian side to play in a UEFA club competition group stage (they have a UECL group place already guaranteed) and approach this contest carrying an imposing 12-game unbeaten away record – the last time they lost on their travels was back in July 2021!
- Key battle: Bodø/Glimt’s Nigerian striker Victor Boniface is the UCL qualifying round’s top scorer after four matches, with three of his five goals coming from the penalty spot. Žalgiris’ slim hopes of a good result will likely lie with goalkeeper Edvinas Gertmonas – the former Rennes stopper has kept 14 clean sheets from 20 games this season.
- Hot stat: There’s been over 3.5 goals in 63% of Bodø/Glimt’s home league fixtures this season.