Match Preview: Real Madrid 2-0 Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA SUPER CUP
Real Madrid – Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Tips for today, August 10, 2022
Football: UEFA SUPER CUP – FINAL
Kick-off: 20:00 Real Madrid – Eintracht Frankfurt
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Real Madrid – Eintracht Frankfurt Match Preview
- The curtain rises on what is set to be another exciting European season as UEFA Champions League (UCL) winners Real Madrid meet UEFA Europa League (UEL) winners Eintracht Frankfurt in Helsinki. This will be the first competitive clash between the pair since 1960, a rip-roaring 7-3 victory for the Spanish behemoths which secured a fifth consecutive European Cup.
- Of the 22 different sides to lift the UCL/European Cup, none have done so more often than Real Madrid (14), although that hasn’t always translated into success in the UEFA Super Cup (W4, L3). This will be Madrid’s first such game against German opponents, though their solid competitive record against German sides may inspire confidence of beginning their 2022/23 schedule with silverware (W35, D14, L23).
- Perhaps to their advantage, Frankfurt began their competitive season last week with a 4-0 cup victory before being humbled 6-1 by Bayern Munich in their Bundesliga opener. Oliver Glasner’s men didn’t win a league game until October last term so another slow start may surprise few, yet their stunning two-legged success over Madrid’s bitter rivals Barcelona last term suggests that the Eagles can soar on the biggest stage.
- While their only previous H2H ended in defeat, Frankfurt’s overall competitive record against Spanish sides in European competition is admirable (W6, D4, L2). Manager Oliver Glasner will be pulling no punches in this match after stating that “having the chance to win a second European trophy is enough of an incentive” ahead of their first ever season in the modern UCL format.
- Players to watch: It was Real Madrid’s Vinícius Júnior who scored the winning goal in the UCL final to book their place here, but that was only the second of his last seven goals that opened the scoring. Booking Frankfurt’s Super Cup place was Rafael Borré with an equaliser and the winning penalty. The Colombian has now found the net in each of the last three European stages.
- Hot stat: Seven of the last nine UEFA Super Cup matches required extra time to find a winner.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Argentina - Jamaica Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: Qatar - Chile Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Match Preview: England - Germany Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE
Match Preview: Andorra - Latvia Prediction and Betting Tips | UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE