Match Preview: Atalanta – Torino Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Atalanta – Torino Prediction and Tips for today
Atalanta – Torino Prediction and Tips for today, September 1, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 4
Kick-off: 19:45 Atalanta – Torino
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Atalanta – Torino Prediction and Match Preview
- Although only three games into the season, Atalanta are looking like a well-oiled machine after producing an unbeaten start to this Serie A (SA) campaign (W2, D1), narrowly defeating Verona 1-0 last time out. Improvements have been especially apparent defensively, where their only concession thus far came against defending SA champions AC Milan, a refreshing feature given they failed to keep a clean sheet in the final 11 matches of last season.
- For the Goddess, as Atalanta are known, another victory here would see them accumulate ten points after the opening four league matches for only the second time this century. That would need to involve an improvement in home form though, as Atalanta have failed to win any of their last eight games at the Gewiss Stadium (D4, L4).
- Not to be outdone by their hosts, Torino have put together their own undefeated start to the league season (W2, D1), besting newly promoted Cremonese 2-1 last round. They too will most likely look to rely on a solid defensive effort seeing as they’ve conceded 2+ goals only twice in their last 16 matches.
- Boosting their chances here, the Bulls from Turin have avoided defeat in each of their last four visits to Gewiss Stadium (W1, D3), and are currently on a four-game winning streak on their travels in SA. Extending that with another victory would produce a piece of club history as you’d have to go back over 70 years for the last time Torino managed five consecutive away wins in the top-flight!
- Players to watch: Atalanta’s Luis Muriel has stolen the headlines in this fixture recently, mustering up 11 goal contributions (G7, A4) in his last five appearances against Torino, for whom Antonio Sanabria scored the opener the last time these two teams met. Including that goal, he’s now netted the match opener in five of his last seven goalscoring outings for Torino.
- Hot streak: The last seven SA H2Hs have produced 37 goals and never once seen a goalless half in that time.