Match Preview: Wolves – Manchester City Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Wolves – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today
Wolves – Manchester City Prediction and Tips for today, September 17, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 8
Kick-off: 12:30 Wolves – Manchester City
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Wolves – Manchester City Prediction and Match Preview
- With Wolves finally posting their first victory of the Premier League (PL) campaign earlier this month (W1, D3, L2), there is fresh belief that Bruno Lage’s men can finally move towards the European qualification berths. However, their midweek status as the league’s joint-lowest scorers dampens such hopes, as does a run of just one win in six home league games.
- But there is a game-changer in the works, and the arrival of two-time PL gold medallist Diego Costa is expected to bolster the frontline, with Costa himself declaring “Lage lit a fire within me”. He suffered just three losses across 45 goalscoring PL matches during his Chelsea days (W37, D5), with 18 match-winning goals within that record.
- Fresh from a Champions League success over Dortmund in midweek, Manchester City revisit Molineux just four months after a commanding 5-1 victory. Memorably, that triumph saw Kevin De Bruyne become only the second City player (after Edin Džeko in August 2011) to notch four goals in a PL away fixture, and proved pivotal in the title race last term.
- That forms part of City’s incredible 21-game unbeaten run in PL road trips, and another would give them the outright fourth-longest top-flight streak, ahead of Nottingham Forest (Nov 1977-Dec 1978) and Liverpool (Jan 2019-Feb 2020). They have also lost just once after scoring first in away league action since the start of 2020.
- Players to watch: Adama Traoré has netted in both of Wolves’ prior league wins over City across the past decade. But after haunting former club Dortmund with a matchwinner in midweek, City boy Erling Haaland is still the main attraction, and he now aims to become the first player ever to see his first three PL hat tricks fall in the same season.
- Hot stat: Wolves have won five (D1, L1) of the PL home games held in 2022 to see them net first.