Match Preview: Udinese – Inter Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Udinese – Inter Prediction and Tips for today
Udinese – Inter Prediction and Tips for today, September 18, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 7
Kick-off: 11:30 Udinese – Inter
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Udinese – Inter Prediction and Match Preview
- High-flying Udinese came from behind in the last round to beat Sassuolo 3-1 for a fourth straight win and a place in the top four of Serie A (SA) ahead of round seven. The surprise package of the season so far, Udinese’s total of 13 points matches their best ever total after six top-flight games, but coach Andrea Sottil said he doesn’t want to get “carried away” as he plots a first top-four finish since 2011/12.
- While that lofty placing remains far-fetched at the moment, a win here would see Udinese post five straight SA wins for the first time since December 2017. One of those wins back then was against Inter Milan, which incidentally was the last time Udinese beat them, but having failed to score in seven of the nine H2H matches since (D2, L7), there’s a potential mental barrier that Udinese may have to surmount!
- Inter are fresh off a routine 2-0 midweek win against Plzeň in Champions League action and will be desperate to improve their domestic fortunes (W4, L2) just before the international break. A 1-0 win over Torino in their last league game was hailed as “a very important victory” by boss Simone Inzaghi, who will hope that they can halt the five-game sequence in the league of alternating between wins and losses (W3, L2) to post three competitive wins for the first time this season.
- Improvements are needed on this trip as Inter have lost their last two away league games and risk losing three in a row for the first time since May 2017. Inter need to put a better defensive shift to avoid that fate, having conceded six goals across those two games.
- Players to watch: Beto became just Udinese’s second player to score a SA brace as a substitute since 1994/95 in the win last weekend, while Inter’s Lautaro Martínez will look to continue a decent run against Udinese that has seen him register three goal contributions (G2, A1) in his last three games against them.
- Hot stat: Udinese’s last five SA goals, as well as their last three goals against Inter, have come beyond the 70th minute.