Japan – USA Prediction and Tips for today
Japan – USA Prediction and Tips for today, September 23, 2022
Football: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Kick-off: 13:25 Japan – USA
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 WON!!!
Japan – USA Prediction and PREVIEW
- After booking their place at the 2022 World Cup, Japan are set to test their skills against one of their fellow finalists, the USA, in this ‘Kirin Challenge Cup’ friendly encounter in Düsseldorf. The Samurai Blue remained unbeaten in their most recent outings in the E1 Football Championship to win it for the second time (W2, D1), yet we can expect to see a much-changed squad from that tournament as all but one player back then plied their trade in the Japanese league.
- Including those E1 games, Japan are now unbeaten in 12 of their last 14 matches, although both defeats came in two of the three games prior to that tournament when they fielded strong sides, albeit one was a narrow 1-0 defeat against outright World Cup favourites, Brazil (W10, D2, L2). Perhaps the only negative for Japan is their mere two wins from nine games played in German stadiums this century (D4, L3), and only one of those games was against Germany!
- Also seeing just two defeats across their last 14 internationals, the USMNT have just two games left to prepare for what is factually the toughest World Cup group based on rankings, with the sides holding an average rank of 15. Manager Gregg Berhalter has included a few surprises in his squad selection with mounting injury concerns for his side, meaning MLS Academy graduates Erik Palmer-Brown and Mark McKenzie may have an opportunity to impress in defence.
- Much like Japan, USA have struggled on German soil across their six games against four different nations in this country since the turn of the millennium (W1, D1, L4). Should the Americans continue their run of conceding 2.5 goals per game in German stadia this century, they’ll surely have a fight on their hands to win this game.
- Players to watch: Defensive midfielder Ao Tanaka should feel right at home considering he plies his trade for Düsseldorf, and the Japanese international even assisted in a 3-1 victory in his last outing at the Merkur Spiel-Arena. Trying to spoil his clean sheet will be USA and Borussia Dortmund’s Gio Reyna, who already has four goals from just 11 senior internationals, all coming in victories.
- Hot stat: USA have conceded just once before half-time across their last eight games.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Verona - Empoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Salernitana - Udinese Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Sampdoria - Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A