Match Preview: Argentina – Jamaica Prediction and Betting Tips | FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Argentina – Jamaica Prediction and Tips for today
Argentina – Jamaica Prediction and Tips for today, September 28, 2022
Football: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL
Kick-off: 01:00 Argentina – Jamaica
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:0 WON!!!
Argentina – Jamaica Prediction and PREVIEW
- Home of the New York Red Bulls, the Red Bull Arena, plays host to Argentina’s penultimate warm-up game ahead of the winter World Cup. The first of Argentina’s friendlies in this international break produced a comfortable 3-0 win over Honduras in Miami, a result which will have pleased boss Lionel Scaloni, especially after reports emerged that their ageing talisman Lionel Messi has requested to play every minute from now on in search of his first ever World Cup trophy.
- Messi repaid that faith with goals either side of half-time against Honduras, helping to extend La Albiceleste’s unbeaten run to 34 consecutive games (W24, D10)! That comfortably eclipses their 31-game run from 1991-93 as they hunt down Italy’s world record 37-game streak, and with Scaloni already delivering a Copa América and a Finalissima trophy in that time, anything other than a continuation of that strong form against Jamaica would come as a huge shock.
- The Reggae Boyz have a surprising wealth of talent at their disposal, with four Premier League stars boosting their attack including West Ham’s Michail Antonio and Aston Villa’s Leon Bailey. Even with their eclectic mix of players, Jamaica have struggled for results of late, and just one win across the last six games highlights their issues (D3, L2).
- Adding another layer of spice to Jamaica’s English-born contingent was the announcement that 55 year-old dentist Heimir Hallgrímsson has signed a four-year contract as a manager with the aim of qualifying for the 2026 World Cup. He ground out a draw with Qatar in his first game in charge and having already qualified for a World Cup with his native Iceland, Hallgrímsson will hope to have his side well drilled against a side they’ve never beaten (L3).
- Players to watch: Five of Messi’s previous seven scoring games for Argentina saw him register at least two goal contributions in the game. Born in London, Michail Antonio is one of a growing number of English-born Jamaican players – he’s scored three goals in six caps but is yet to win when he’s netted (D2, L1).
- Hot stat: Argentina have kept 11 clean sheets across their last 13 internationals.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Georgia - Norway Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Austria - Estonia Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Kazakhstan - Denmark Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION
Match Preview: Scotland - Cyprus Prediction and Betting Tips | EURO - QUALIFICATION