Match Preview: Torino – Empoli Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Torino – Empoli Prediction and Tips for today
Torino – Empoli Prediction and Tips for today, October 9, 2022
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 9
Kick-off: 11:30 Torino – Empoli
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Torino – Empoli Prediction and PREVIEW
- A third consecutive Serie A (SA) defeat has halted Torino’s positive start to 2022/23 as they fell to league leaders Napoli 3-1 last time out. That was Torino’s first three-game losing streak since December 2020 and it didn’t please their coach Ivan Jurić who was sent off for dissent, despite his assistant Matteo Paro desperately trying to keep him under control.
- The hosts will go in search of a positive response here against Empoli, but with only one win across their last six home SA H2Hs (D2, L3) it may not be straightforward. Torino lost a two-goal lead in the last H2H here (2-2) and have conceded seven goals across the last three meetings with Empoli anywhere, although that might change in this clash as their opening three home matches have seen a league-low combined total of two goals.
- A pinpoint equalising free-kick from Nedim Bajrami in stoppage time wasn’t enough for Empoli to claim a point against Milan last Saturday, as the Tuscany-based side then conceded twice in the dying minutes to lose 3-1. Perhaps still reeling, Empoli might be hoping for a less dramatic affair this time around as this was only the fourth ever SA match to see 3+ goals scored after the 90th minute!
- However Paolo Zanetti’s men at least celebrated their first victory of the season in their last away match (Bologna 1-0), but it was only their third win since the turn of the calendar year! Yet they did pick up more points on the road than at home last term and have quite a respectable away league record since their return to the top-flight (W7, D8, L8) so there’s reason for optimism here.
- Players to watch: Antonio Sanabria scored his 50th goal across major European leagues last time out (28 La Liga + 22 SA), whilst each of Bajrami’s last eight goalscoring appearances for Empoli have witnessed at least four goals!
- Hot stat: Six of Torino’s eight SA matches this term have seen the same result at half-time as full-time.