Mainz – FC Koln Prediction and Tips for today
Mainz – FC Koln Prediction and Tips for today, October 21, 2022
Football: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 11
Kick-off: 19:30 Mainz – FC Koln
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:0 LOST
Mainz – FC Koln Prediction and PREVIEW
- Mainz were winless in four league games (D2, L2) before a 2-0 victory at Bremen last weekend gave them some reprieve. However, despite their current mid-table placing, Mainz remain one of just two Bundesliga teams without a home win (D3, L1), and their average of just 0.5 goals scored per match at home is the worst in the Bundesliga too.
- Coach Bo Svensson will be expecting better here, especially as he said in the wake of his side’s win over Bremen that it was the best he’s seen from his team this season in terms of attitude and character. Digging deep and showing that same spirit will be important for Mainz in this game, especially as they face a team they are winless against in two home H2Hs (D1, L1), scoring just once in the process.
- Cologne reacted well after three competitive defeats as they fought back from 1-0 down to win 3-2 against Augsburg last weekend. They are now the only team in the Bundesliga that has won twice this term after a first-half deficit, and despite conceding first on a league-high eight occasions after ten games, they could provisionally move into third place with a win here.
- The last time Cologne scored first in the Bundesliga was actually on matchday one, and whilst coach Steffen Baumgart has praised the will and belief of his team after falling behind, away from home (W1, D3, L1) Cologne still have the joint-third worst defence after conceding 2.2 goals on average per game. A statistic that wasn’t helped by a 5-2 hammering at the hands of Mönchengladbach in their last league road trip.
- Players to watch: After his second consecutive first-half opener last weekend, Mainz forward Marcus Ingvartsen will be keen to get on the scoresheet again, and hasn’t celebrated more Bundesliga wins against any side than his four against Cologne. Steffen Tigges has scored three goals across Cologne’s last two league wins, giving his side the lead in 3-2 victories.
- Hot stat: Mainz have kept a clean sheet in six of their 11 home league H2Hs (W7, D2, L2), and only twice have they conceded more than once against Cologne at home.