Bayer Leverkusen – Club Brugge KV Prediction and Tips for today
Bayer Leverkusen – Club Brugge KV Prediction and Tips for today, November 1, 2022
Football: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 6
Kick-off: 18:45 Bayer Leverkusen – Club Brugge KV
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Bayer Leverkusen – Club Brugge KV Prediction and PREVIEW
- Bayer Leverkusen welcome Club Brugge for the finale of UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group B with plenty on the line for both sides. Xabi Alonso’s Germans managed a 2-2 draw in dramatic circumstances against Atlético Madrid last week, but that wasn’t enough to maintain their hopes of a first UCL knockout appearance since 2016/17, and they will now need to better Atlético’s result in order to reach the UEFA Europa League play-off round.
- The hosts have endured some troubling form, having failed to win in five successive contests since Alonso’s first-game triumph (D2, L3), culminating in a 2-0 defeat to Leipzig at the weekend. The Spaniard may note a tendency in his side to falter as games go on, as after hitting the first goal in five of their previous six home games, Leverkusen have failed to win on three occasions (D2, L1) whilst conceding an alarming 78% of their nine goals during that run in the second half.
- Brugge have already registered their spot in the UCL knockout rounds and know they will secure top spot in the group should they at least match Porto’s result. Brugge were humbled 4-0 last week by the Portuguese champions, though Manager Carl Hoefkens was quick to shrug off the defeat by stating that it was a ‘’good lesson and learning moment’’ for his side who bounced back with a 4-2 win against Oostende at the weekend.
- Leaking more than one goal is uncharacteristic for Brugge, who only conceded their first UCL goal of the campaign in that loss to Porto after going a whopping 392 minutes without! So despite the manner of the defeat, the Blue-Blacks will arrive hopeful of securing a result that will see them top the group having beaten Leverkusen 1-0 in the reverse, and losing just once in their last eight away games (W5, D2).
- Players to watch: Leverkusen winger Callum Hudson-Odoi netted in their last UCL outing, becoming just the third English player to score for a German club in the competition, whilst Brugge may look towards Hans Vanaken for inspiration, with three goals in his last four outings, two of them match openers.
- Hot streak: Each of Leverkusen’s last nine home contests have witnessed at least one goal after the hour mark.