Match Preview: Sheffield Utd – Burnley Prediction and Betting Tips | CHAMPIONSHIP
Sheffield Utd – Burnley Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Sheffield Utd – Burnley Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 5, 2022
Football: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 20
Kick-off: 13:30 Sheffield Utd – Burnley
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 5:2 WON!!!
Sheffield Utd – Burnley Prediction Prediction and PREVIEW
- The World Cup break may be fast approaching, but there are still Championship matters to attend to for third-placed Sheffield United, who face a heavyweight tussle against top of the table Burnley. The Blades had an extra day of rest than the Clarets after their 1-0 Tuesday victory away against Bristol City, which boss Paul Heckingbottom dubbed as “the worst win” of his Bramall Lane tenure.
- After back-to-back away victories, Sheffield United now return to South Yorkshire without a win in four games on home turf (D3, L1). Interestingly, the seven goals the Blades leaked in those four winless games was more than they had conceded in the 20 home league games prior (six), but successive clean sheets on the road coming into this mammoth clash could boost confidence of a shut out here.
- Move over Fergie time, and step forward Vincent Kompany time! You simply couldn’t write Burnley’s story at the moment – they were 2-1 down at the start of the ten minutes added time against Rotherham in midweek, only to score a 100th minute winner to snatch a 3-2 win. It marked the second time in a matter of days Burnley have won thanks to a stoppage-time goal and also the third time in four games the Clarets have conceded first and come back to win.
- As a result, Burnley’s unbeaten league run now stands at 16 games (W9, D7), and as the only side in the EFL yet to lose on a Saturday this season, you would have to fancy Burnley to extend that run at Bramall Lane. Although that confidence is perhaps quashed a little when you see Kompany’s side have won just once across their last 19 away league games against Sheffield United (D5, L13).
- Players to watch: Burnley-born Oliver Norwood will be out to sink his hometown club and his last five Blades goals have either been the game’s first or last. Perennial game changer Manuel Benson was at it again for Burnley in midweek, coming off the bench to take his goal involvement tally to five (G3, A2) across his last four substitute appearances!
- Hot stat: Sheffield United have kept a clean sheet in four of the last six home H2Hs.