Cameroon – Serbia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today WORLD CUP – Cameroon – Serbia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 28, 2022.
Football: WORLD CUP – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 11:00 Cameroon – Serbia
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:3 WON!!!
Match Preview Cameroon – Serbia Prediction
- With little room for error in the FIFA World Cup group stages, both Cameroon and Serbia will be feeling the pressure after they lost their opening matches in Group G without scoring. Another defeat here for either side would almost certainly signal the end of their World Cup aspirations in 2022, though it wouldn’t be hugely surprising as both have failed to progress to the knockout stages in all three of their World Cup finals campaigns this century.
- Having lost 1-0 to Switzerland, Cameroon now face an uphill battle in what is their eighth World Cup finals tournament, having only ever progressed from the group stage once before in 1990. The Indomitable Lions have lost their last eight matches at the World Cup finals, and another defeat here would equal an unwanted record of nine successive defeats in the competition set by Mexico, which might act as a motivating factor for Rigobert Song’s troops.
- Serbia arrived at the tournament undefeated in qualifying (W6, D2), so you might expect a resurgence after they lost 2-0 to Brazil in the tournament opener. Boss Dragan Stojković showed mercy to his players after their defeat to a team with a “golden generation’’ and will have likely targeted this as a must-win. Their record in the second group game of their recent World Cup campaigns doesn’t offer much confidence however, having only won one of the last four such matches.
- The Eagles might also be anxious about facing African opposition, as the last two times they shared a World Cup group with such opponents they lost both ties – 1-0 to Ghana (2010) and 3-2 to Ivory Coast (2006). Despite coming into the match as favourites this time around, a goal-shy Serbia have scored just four goals in their last seven World Cup games, so nerves may be jangling ahead of a crucial contest!
- Players to watch: Serbia’s all-time record scorer Aleksandar Mitrović will hope to settle those nerves but fans might have to wait, considering the forward has scored three of his last four international goals between minutes 46 and 60. Up the other end, Cameroon’s Eric Choupo-Moting could be seeking revenge, with his first-ever international goal coming in a 4-3 friendly defeat to Serbia in 2010.
- Hot stat: Cameroon haven’t scored a first-half goal in ten of their last 13 matches.
- World Cup trivia: Cameroon are one of only six teams to go through a World Cup finals campaign undefeated and not win the cup, doing so by drawing all their games in 1982.