Lecce – Torino Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Lecce – Torino Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 12, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 26
Kick-off: 12:30 Lecce – Torino
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Lecce – Torino Prediction and Preview
- Despite holding a reputation as a bogey team for Serie A (SA) top-six sides, Lecce fell to a 2-0 defeat against Inter last Sunday. In spite of that loss, a comfortable nine-point gap to the bottom three should keep the mood high in the newcomers camp, although Marco Baroni‘s men now face a stern test of their credentials with the arrival of mid-table Torino as they‘re yet to beat a team starting this round between 7th and 14th place (D4, L5).
- The unpopularity of facing opponents in mid-table was also confirmed by Lecce’s last home defeat to Sassuolo (1-0), a result which stretched their winless run at Stadio Via del Mare to four matches (D2, L2). It perhaps comes as little surprise then that only relegation-threatened Sampdoria (four) and Cremonese (six) have collected fewer points than Lecce’s 12 at home in SA this season.
- Torino reacted well to their Turin derby defeat against Juventus with a 1-0 win against Bologna which saw Ivan Jurić’s men keep the pace with a cluster of sides in the race for seventh place. That could yet be enough to secure European qualification at the end of the season, but with Torino starting the round a point below seventh spot, they’ll need to improve on just their solitary win from their last four SA outings (D1, L2).
- An unbeaten run of six SA away matches (W4, D2) against teams starting this round below them, offers a ray of hope that Torino can post consecutive league wins for the first time since October. However, the history books indicate that won’t be easy considering Torino last won here at Via del Mare back in 1994 (D3, L4).
- Players to watch: Looking to strike early, Assan Ceesay has scored three of his four SA goals during the first half, including one in Lecce’s last win. The race to net first will almost certainly include Torino’s Yann Karamoh who has opened the scoring with each of his three SA goals this term.
- Hot stat: A league-low one of Lecce‘s 25 league matches this season produced over 3.5 goals, with no team scoring more than twice in any of those games.