Georgia – Norway Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today EURO – QUALIFICATION: Georgia – Norway Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, March 28, 2023.
Football: EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 2
Kick-off: 17:00 Georgia – Norway
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Georgia – Norway Prediction and Preview
- Georgia head into Euro 2024 qualifying full of confidence after registering their third biggest victory of all time on Saturday night. Giorgi Chakvetadze netted twice as the Crusaders hammered Mongolia 6-1 in a friendly, a result that means they have won ten of their 13 matches (D2, L1) since October 2021, form they’ll need to transfer into these qualifiers if they’re to secure a first-ever Euro finals appearance as an independent nation.
- That form has seen them promoted to the second tier of the UEFA Nations League, and has given them an alternate crack at qualification via the play-offs should they be unsuccessful in Group A. Willy Sagnol’s side will be wary of the visit of Norway though, to whom they have lost each of their previous three meetings, including a pair of defeats in Euro 2000 qualifying.
- If it comes as any consolation to the hosts, at least Ståle Solbakken’s side won’t have goal-machine Erling Haaland at their disposal, after he pulled out of international duty with a groin injury. In his absence, the Scandinavians got their Euro 2024 qualification campaign underway with a 3-0 defeat against Spain on Saturday, a third straight competitive loss.
- Solbakken insists his side put in a performance better than the result suggests against Spain, claiming “there was a point waiting for us.” The fact is, however, that he has to find a way to consistently win games in Haaland’s absence, as Norway have worryingly picked up just two victories in the nine matches Haaland has missed since 2019 (D3, L4), compared to 13 successes in the 21 internationals in which he has featured over the same period (D2, L6).
- Key battle: Georgia star Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is unbeaten in his last ten internationals (W9, D1), including wins in each of his six goal scoring appearances. He may come face-to-face with Napoli teammate Leo Skiri Østigård, who has failed to help Norway keep a clean sheet in his last six caps (W2, D1, L3).
- Hot streak: Georgia have won each of the last 11 games in which they have scored the first goal.