Verona – Empoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today
Best soccer tips for today SERIE A: Verona – Empoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, May 28, 2023.
Football: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 37
Kick-off: 11:30 Verona – Empoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Verona – Empoli Prediction and Preview
- Consecutive defeats have put a damper on Verona’s recent win in the relegation battle against Lecce, with Hellas ending the last round one point behind Spezia and subsequent Serie A (SA) safety. Three losses in the last four rounds have come at the wrong time and now Verona simply must win against Empoli as they will travel to top-four contenders Milan for their season finale.
- Successive defeats ‘to-nil‘ with seven goals conceded ended an impressive home run dating back to January which saw Verona gain 17 points (W5, D2, L1) – more than a half of their seasonal tally. With four of those victories arriving against teams starting this round in the bottom half, the home fans will come here with plenty of belief.
- Empoli have won three of their last four SA matches (D1) and are now clear of relegation danger which was something that was, up until this recent run of form, a real threat. Paolo Zanetti‘s men confirmed their good form with a dazzling 4-1 victory over Juventus on Monday and now, with 42 points on the board, remain on course for their best SA tally since 2006/07 (54).
- Despite the positivity around Empoli right now, the one remaining blotch is their uninspiring away form, as they’ve won only twice of the road this SA term (D8, L8). And the misery for hearty travelling fans could continue as the visitors have failed to win any of their eight away league matches against teams starting this round in the bottom half (D5, L3).
- Players to watch: Verona‘s top SA scorer Simone Verdi (G5) will be hoping to break his current four-game duck as well as his winless personal record against Empoli (D1, L3). In-form rival Francesco Caputo has scored three of his five league goals across the last three rounds, including a famous brace against Juventus.
- Hot stat: Empoli have won only three points when conceding first this SA season (D3, L12).