Match Preview: Paraguay 0-1 Uruguay Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Paraguay – Uruguay Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, January 28, 2022
Football: SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 15
Kick-off: 00:00 Paraguay – Uruguay
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Paraguay – Uruguay Match Preview
- Paraguay’s run of internationals without scoring now stands at five (D2, L3), making it obvious where they need to improve if they’re to progress from CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying (WCQ). They trail fifth-placed Peru by four points with four games remaining and with a trip to Brazil to come, a first World Cup appearance since 2010 seems unlikely.
- Despite poor results, they’ve fought hard as in only one of their last eight internationals (W1, D3, L4) was their defence breached before the 25th minute – although that was something that Uruguay managed against them in June (L 1-0). They can expect another battle here as they haven’t won a H2H since October 2007 (D4, L5) – although that was at home.
- Uruguay got the WCQ campaign off to a flyer by scoring the competition’s first goal for the fourth time in a row but have since faltered, losing their last four WCQ games and replacing long-serving manager Óscar Tabárez with Diego Alonso in December. A win in his first game in charge would – even if only temporarily – lift them into one of the four automatic qualification spots.
- After failing to score in four of their last five internationals (D1, L4), they’ve made it too easy for their opponents as in three of those four defeats, they were 2-0 down at half-time. With just one WCQ away win in eight attempts (D3, L4), Uruguay have struggled on foreign soil and Alonso isn’t known for hitting the ground running having started each of his last three managerial jobs with 1-0 defeats!
- Players to watch: Paraguay’s Antonio Sanabria scored in two of his last three club outings and netted against Colombia in September while Uruguay’s Edinson Cavani scored the only goal in June’s H2H – his third against Paraguay in seven appearances.
- Hot stat: All five goals across the last two WCQ H2Hs Paraguay hosted came after the 65th minute.
Match Preview: Celta Vigo 0-2 Real Sociedad Prediction and Betting Tips | LaLiga
Match Preview: Kazakhstan 2-2 Ukraine Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup - Qualification
Match Preview: Ajax 2-1 Lille Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa League
Hamilton 1-1 Rangers Prediction and Betting Tips | Premiership